Monday 21 November 2022

Radio - Logo Research


LOGO RESEARCH

Because we are a hip-hop and rock radio station, I decided that it would make the most sense if we try to incorporate elements from both genres, and splice them together to form a logo. I searched for rock band logos and hip-hop groups.





So far, I quite like the Foo Fighters' logo due to its simplicity and I could replace the FF with YB. Another logo that I find interesting is Rolling Stones' tongue logo. I like the fact that it does not have any text, yet its so recognisable and is immediately associated with the band



I want to incorporate elements from both genres to form one logo, and I think the Quiksilver logo does a great job at making a clean logo from having two sports, surfing and snowboarding, and combining them into one logo



I decided to combine a top view of a baseball cap and a guitar sound hole


I then started sketching a combination of both elements and created this



I started designing and came up with this



However, I wasn't satisfied with the results so I researched more logos. I found The Who's logo to be good but a bit too simple, so I drew inspiration from the roundel-style logo.


I then developed this logo





I consulted my teammates and my group unanimously voted to use this logo and ditch the old one.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comp 3 - Final Piece

 This post contains the final products of music video, digipak, and social media Music Video In the event that the video is unavailable on Y...