Friday 18 November 2022

Radio - Research

  

Before we start producing and recording the radio, it is essential that we do our own research about it to familiarise ourselves. I have done my part in research by listening to the radio more.

I typically listen to the radio when i'm in the car. The station that I mainly tune in to is the Hard Rock station. Contrary to its name, it does not play hard rock music, instead, it mainly plays pop and hip-hop. This is probably done because the bigger they got, the more diverse the genre has to be in order to target the most audience. It should also conform to the trends and most popular music of the time.

I recently just experienced a problem where I do not have access to the internet at home. This means that I cannot consume much content online to not deplete my limited supply of mobile internet. Therefore, I used this opportunity to listen to more radio. I listened to Global Radio's Radio X, Gold FM, and its live playlists. Another thing that I learned about the radio is that it almost never only play one type of music; its content depends on the time of day. The music and the host's tone is slower and softer at night, as opposed to daytime where the music and host is considerably more energetic, lively, and louder.

I started listening to another radio station, Black Cat Radio, to expand my radio knowledge and further familiarise myself with the sounds of radio.


However, this type of research where I merely observe other radio stations is not enough. I also need to understand my audience and be aware of what sort of content they want us to deliver. In order to collect that information, our group decided to create an online questionnaire and release it to our target audience (13 to 17 year olds).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comp 3 - Final Piece

 This post contains the final products of music video, digipak, and social media Music Video In the event that the video is unavailable on Y...